"Advent, this powerful liturgical season that we are beginning, invites us to pause in silence to understand a presence. It is an invitation to understand that the individual events of the day are hints that God is giving us signs of the attention he has for each one of us.”
-Pope Benedict XVI

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Our Day 5

As previously noted, we don't have time for cookie baking or anything that extensive on Thursday evenings, so we switched today's activity for Friday's. Luckily, I still had a pile of cards from last year sitting in my home office, so I pulled those out with some scissors, glue and red ribbon and let the kids choose which ones to use. We traced circles using different sized drinking glasses, and my 8-yr-old cleverly figured out that she could make ovals using a die-cut card. They turned out pretty well, but the best part is that it was fun and the kids are proud of their results.

I'll post a photo tomorrow if I find the time.

(Well, a few days later than "tomorrow", but here it is:)

No comments:

Post a Comment