"Advent, this powerful liturgical season that we are beginning, invites us to pause in silence to understand a presence. It is an invitation to understand that the individual events of the day are hints that God is giving us signs of the attention he has for each one of us.”
-Pope Benedict XVI

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Our Day 3

Asking somebody for forgiveness face to face is always very meaningful. The kids needed very little coaching on this, thanks be to God. I asked each of them (privately) to forgive the short fuse I've had lately (lots of stress at work, very little sleep). It was a good experience.

I'm heading to be earlier than usual (hurrah!) but not before I load the #1 window on our wooden Advent "calendar" with three Hershey dark chocolate kissed. They're wrapped in purple foil, so I thought that would be appropriate. We won't do candy every day -- coins will work once in a while. Not sure what else will fit, so I'll have to do some experimenting.

This isn't the Advent calendar I intended to get. I was looking for something like this but wound up getting a slamming good deal on something like this ($11!). Not sure how I feel about it just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment